We have a special guest post from Jill of ScrapFX today! Don’t forget to check out the ongoing blog hop that we’re hosting with them! And now, onto the gorgeous Christmas Dome and Shaker Cards!
- Scrap FX chipboard Snow Domes and Shaker Domes: Surfing Santa, Nativity Scene, Winter Scene, Snowman, Santa & Sleigh and shaker dome frames (links available below!)
- Happy Christmas words / Seasons Greetings words / Merry Christmas words
- Patterned paper, various colours
- Acetate circles, about 8cm diameter
- Seed beads and sequins, mini star buttons
- White cardstock folded, approximate size 13 x 13 cm
- Various coloured ink pads, or paint
- Blue Gelato/watercolour crayons
- Gel Pens
- Cut strips of the patterned paper about 12mm wide. Choose colours that either complement each other, or various shades of one colour.
Surfing Santa Shaker Dome (this title is a link to the chipboard dome)
- Layer the strips of paper horizontally, about two thirds across, and glue to the front of the folded white card, blending upwards from blues to yellow and orange (to mimic the sea, sand and sun). Stitch a line around the outside of the card, about 5mm from the edge.
- Paint or ink the chipboard with blue and white for the water. Colour Santa with red, white and black gel pens for fine detail. Paint/ink the shaker dome frame silver around the globe and black on the base.
- Tear a piece of white cardstock a bit bigger than the dome frame, and draw circles in the middle with a blue gelato, or water colour crayon, then smudge the circle with a wet finger.
- Glue the shaker dome onto the coloured circle, sprinkle the blue seed beads in the dome, then glue the acetate to the outside edges. Glue the shaker dome frame on top, then place bling onto the base.
- Glue the finished shaker dome to the card on the right hand side.
- Ink the mini Happy Christmas word in red, and glue to the card when dry.
Nativity Scene Shaker Dome (this title is a link to the chipboard dome)
- Using shades of green patterned paper, arrange and glue the strips in a starburst design, overlapping at the bottom, where the manger will cover it. Stitch around the edge of the card with black cotton.
- Colour the brickwork with watered down brown paint/ink, so the brick pattern shows through, and the tile roof orange/umber. Ink the shaker dome frame with silver and black on the base.
- Stick the nativity scene shaker dome over the starburst design, add some seed beads or mini star buttons. Glue the circle of acetate to the edges, then glue the snow dome frame on top.
- Ink the Seasons Greeting mini word with silver, then glue on the base of the shaker dome.
Santa and Sleigh Snowdome (this title is a link to the chipboard dome)
- Choose red and green patterned paper strips for a traditional colour way. Glue three strips at the bottom of the card, and one strip at the top. Stitch down each side of the card with black cotton.
- Colour the Santa, sleigh and trees, with paint or gel pens, then glue onto the card, and add a few clear sequins and seed beads. Glue the circle of acetate to the edges of the snow dome. Ink the snow dome frame with silver and the base black, then glue the frame on top of the snow dome. Decorate the base of the frame with bling.
- Ink the Merry Christmas mini word with red, then glue to the card above the shaker dome.
Snowman Snowdome (this title is a link to the chipboard dome)
- Using black and white paper strips, glue two pieces vertically along the left hand edge of the card, then glue two strips horizontally along the bottom of the card, about 1cm from the edges. Stitch with black cotton around the edges of the front of the card.
- Paint or colour the snowman and trees with gel pens for fine detail. Ink the frame with silver, and the base with black.
- Glue the scene to the card, fill with clear sequins and seed beads. Glue the acetate circle to the edges of the snowdome to seal the beads inside. Glue the frame on top, decorate with bling.
- Ink the mini Merry Christmas words with red. When dry, glue in position in the top right hand corner.
Winter Scene Snowdome (this title is a link to the chipboard dome)
- Cut blue toned papers with a wavy edge, and glue to card as shown, then stitch with black cotton around all edges.
- Tear a rough circle from white card, and draw a line around its edge with a blue gelato stick or water crayon. Rub the line with a wet finger to soften and diffuse the colour.
- Colour the winter scene with gel pens as desired, and glue to the torn circle. Glue this in place on the card, then add the sequins and seed beads inside the frame and glue the acetate circle on top to keep the beads inside. Paint/ink the frame silver, and the base black, then decorate the base with bling, and glue on top of the snow dome.
- Ink the mini Seasons Greetings word with blue, and glue to the card above the snow dome.