I don’t know about you but I love my Scrapbooking TOOLS! When my family and I moved to Queensland, five and a half years ago, we were on a tight budget and one of the ways I found to make my scrapbooking materials go further was to invest in tools! Tools are versatile and always come back into fashion with new ways to utilise them and new trends. One of the tools I haven’t been able to skimp on is my scissors. 🙂 Being a former hairdresser, I have a bit of a passion for this essential basic of the scrapbooking tools and I currently own 5 main pairs that I use for different purposes. (Five! I know!)
1. Tim Holtz Tonic Craft SCISSORS Non Stick Micro Serrated: Have one serrated blade and one fine point sharp tip blade for excellent cutting on all types of materials-great for detail cutting. Extra Large soft cushion over-molding gives a comfortable grip for hours of use and less fatigue. Non-stick coating means no build up of adhesive. Scissors come with a sheath for blade protection and safe handling. I use these scissors for general snipping of scrappy materials and standard fussy cutting of shapes and images.
2. X-Cut- 5 Blade Fringe Scissors: X-Cut 5 Blade Fringe Scissors are for precision cutting, perfect for fringe borders & tasseled trim. I use these scissors to fringe and they are fantastic for making flowers!
3. These are my oldest scissors and I am unsure of the brand but they are just long bladed fabric cutting scissors. I use these bad boys for cutting straight lines freehand (which I do quite a lot especially when matting photos and edging in cardstock), ribbons, thread and fabric. They are super sharp and cut without drag on paper or fabric.
4. Cutter Bee Scissors: Precision tips, comfort grips and safety cover. These scissors are the queens of fussy cutting and able to go where no other scissors can cut.
5. Couture Creations Craft Scissors: They feature high end, sculpted handles for increased support, durablility and comfortability in long crafting sessions helping you to focus on your project. These are the newest addition to my scissor family and are my luxury scissors which I use purely for cutting foam tape.
What tools are can’t you scrap without? Thanks for letting me share my snippy obsession with you! — Luv Renee